Flowers are one the most beautiful gifts one can receive. But at times flowers don't last longer and loses charm in just matter of few days. Here are some simple and easy to follow tips get most out of your flowers and keep them fresh for little longer.
- Keep your flower fresh longer and hydrated by trimming the ends, which tend to get gummy and closed, and changing the water every 3 or 4 days.
- Prevent mold by removing the leaves that are left on the stems below the water level.
- Use a clean vase to keep the bacteria away.
- Keep the water from getting cloudy and inhibit the growth of bacteria by adding 1/4 tsp bleach per liter of warm water.
- Nourish the plants by dissolving 3 tbsps of sugar per litre of warm water.
- Enhance your flowers' longevity by mixing 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar with the vase water before adding the flowers.
- Avoid flowers becoming dehydrated by keeping them away from appliances that give off heat.
- Lily pollen can stain. Carefully remove stamens from any newly opened flowers and avoid any direct contact.
- For flower boxes and baskets, just add 50-100 ml of water into floral foam every day.
References & Good reads: